Tian’anmen, is located in the center of Beijing. It was first built in 1417 and named Chengtianmen. At the end of the Ming Dynasty, it was seriously damaged by war. When it was rebuilt under the Qing in 1651, it was renamed Tian’anmen, and served as the main entrance to the Imperial City, the administrative and residential quarters for court officials and retainers. The southern sections of the Imperial City wall still stand on both sides of the Gate. The tower at the TOP of the gate is nine-room wide and five –room deep. According to the Book of Changes, the two numbers nine and five, when combined, symbolize the supreme status of a sovereign.During the Ming and Qing dynasties, Tian’anmen was the place where state ceremonies took place. The most important one of them was the issuing of imperial edicts, which followed these steps:
1) The Minister of Rites would receive the edict in Taihedian, where the Emperor was holding his court. The minister would then carry the decree on a yunpan, and withdraw from the hall via Taihemen
2) The Minister would put the tray in a miniature longting. Beneath a yellow umbrella and carry it via Wumen, to Tian’anmen Gate tower.
3) A courtier would be invested to proclaim the edict. The civil and military officials lining both sides of the gateway beneath the tower would prostrate themselves in the direction of the emperor in waiting for the decree to the proclaimed.
4) The courtier would then put the edict in a phoenix-shaped wooden box and lower it from the tower by means of a silk cord. The document would finally be carried in a similar tray of cloud under a yellow umbrella to the Ministry of Rites.
5) The edict, copied on yellow paper, would be made known to the whole country.
Such a process was historically recorded as “ Imperial Edict Issued by Golden Phoenix”.During the Ming and Qing dynasties Tian’anmen was the most important passage. It was this gate that the Emperor and his retinue would go through on their way to the altars for ritual and religious activities.
On the Westside of Tian’anmen stands ZhongshanPark, and on the east side, the Working People’s Cultural Palave. The Park was formerly called Shejitan, built in 1420 for offering sacrificial items to the God of Land. It was opened to the public as a park in 1914 and its name was changed in 1928 to the present one in memory of the great pioneer of the Chinese Democratic Revolution.The Working People’s Cultural Palace used to be Taimiao, where tablets of the deceased dynastic rulers were kept.
The stream in front of Tian’anmen is called Waijinshuihe,with seven marble bridges spanning over it . Of these seven bridges,historical records say the middle one was for the exclusive use of the emperor and was accordingly called Yuluqiao. The bridges flanking it on either side were meant for the members of the royal family and were therefore called Wanggongqiao. Farther away on each side of the two were bridges for officials ranking above the third order and were named Pinjiqiao. The remaining two bridges were for the use by the retinue below the third order and wre called Gongshengqiao. They anr the one in front of the Supreme Ancestral Temple to the east and the one in front of the Altar of land and Grain to the west.
The two stone lions by the Gate of Tian’anmen, one on each side were meant as sentries. They gaze toward the middle axis, guarding the emperor’s walkway. In front of the gate stands a pair of marble columns called Huabiao. They are elaborately cut in bas-relief following the pattern of a legendary dragon. Behind the gate stands another pair of similar columns. The story of Huabiao may be traced to a couple of sources. One of the versions accredits its invention to one of the Chinese sage kings named Yao, who was said to have set up a wooden pillar in order to allow the ordinary people to expose evil-doers, hence it was originally called a slander pillar. Later it ws reduced to a signpost, and now it serves as an ornament.
Hello, all of you, welcome to the the Imperial Palace in Beijing. Ill give you a brief introduction to the scenic spots here today.
Please follow my footsteps. We are in front of the famous the Imperial Palace Museum. Well, stepped into the gate, a temple - temple we came to the Imperial Palace to the three largest Ting hall, folk known as jinluandian. It was built in Ming Yongle for eighteen years, in 1420, and in the thirty-four years of the Qing Dynasty, Kangxi was rebuilt in 1695. How much is the height of the Taihe temple and how much area is it? Yes, its about 35 meters tall, with an area of 2377 square meters, almost 55 classrooms, and 72 columns supporting all the weight. Its the tallest building in the the Imperial Palace. You see! Which was decorated with beautiful decoration, the middle of a throne, the throne is arranged between 6 Panlong Kim, to highlight the status of the emperor overweening. The Jiulong throne is made of gold from the nanmu Carving Dragon, and it is fine.
Everyone goes right together, and the front comes to the hall of neutralization. The plane and Temple Square, yellow glazed four cuanjian Ding, can be sent! Do you know that? When the emperor is here, marking the play book offering pro.
All of us go along with me, the most prominent in this space is the stone carving of Yunlong. This is the largest stone carving in the the Imperial Palace. The stone length is 16. 57 meters, 3 wide. 07 meters, 1 thick. 7 meters, weighing up to more than 200 tons! You can take a closer look at a look around the stone, engraved with lotus pattern, the lower water Jiang Ya, intermediate carved with nine dragons and foil Cloud State dragon, Yunlong true to life, fine carving.
This is the end of todays explanation, and you can visit it by yourself. I want to remind you: notice that anything can never be touched by hand in order to protect the rare relics. Well gather here in 20 minutes. Bye! I wish you all a good time.
Ladies and Gentlemen: Welcome to the Summer Palace. I hope this will be an interesting and enjoyable day for you .
During our tour, you will be introduced to time honored historical and cultural traditions, as well as picturesque views and landscapes.
The construction of the Summer Palace first started in 1750. At that time, the Qing Dynasty was in its heyday and China was a powerful Asian country with vast territories. The monarch in power then was Emperor Qianlong. With supreme power and large sums of money, he summoned skillful and ingenious artisans from all over the country to carry out this construction work in honor of his mother `s birthday. After 15 years and one seventh of the nation` s annual revenue spent, the Garden of Clear 瑞波币s was completed and served as a testimony to China` s scientific and technological achievements. In 1860, this vast royal garden was burnt down along with the Yuanming Yuan by Angol-French allied forces. In 1888, Empress Dowager Cixi reconstructed the garden on the same site and renamed it the Garden of Nurtured Harmony . Characterized by its vast scope and rich cultural embodiments, the Summer Palace has become one of the most famous tourist sites in the world.
This is the main entrance to the Summer Palace-the East Gate On TOP of the eaves of the door there is a plaque bearing a Chinese inscription which means “Garden of Nurtured Harmony” , whose calligrapher was Emperor Guangxu. The gate that you are now entering was used exclusively by the emperor, the empress and the queer mother. All others used the side doors.
the Summer Palace can be pided into two parts: Longevity Hill and Kunming Lake .The whole garden covers an area of 290 hectares, of whih three- fourths consists of a lake and rivers .This imperial garden features 3,000 room-units and covers an expanse of 70,000 square meters with more than 100 picturesque spots of interest. The layout of the Summer Palace includes three groups of architectures: palaces where the emperor attended to state affairs, resting palaces of the emperor and empress, and sightseeing areas. Entering the East Gate we will come the the office quarters. Entering the East gate we will come to the office quarters. The annex halls on both sides were used for officials on duty.
This is the Gate of Benevolence and Longevity. Above the door there is a plaque bearing the same name in both Chinese and Manchurian characters. The gigantic rock in the foreground is known as Taihu rock, or eroded limestone, quarried in Jiangsu Province and placed here to decorated the garden.
Chinese food is pided into four big cuisines sichuan, guangdong, shandong, jiangsu, and dozens of branch of major cuisine, there are thousands of different flavors, each branch work different famous manufacturer, food culture is means all the world, impressive.
Beijing capital, brought together the national cuisine, is to eat what you crave. Not only that, in recent years in Beijings western cuisine also in Kyoto, French food, Russian western food, Italian food, American fast food, has become Beijing on-off taste delicious. Since long, however, came to Beijing, you have to taste the first genuine Beijing cuisine. Kyoto today, it is the delicacy of the foreign administrative, even all over the country, people can enjoy almost any kind of cuisines of China all over the world the best flavor, so, for the guests to Beijing today, seize the opportunity, and are indeed very lucky.
Beijing roast duck is regarded as world a delicious, also is the representative work of Beijing flavor. One of the best places to eat roast duck, when Beijing front door, the peace arch, wangfujing quanjude roast duck restaurant. The shop was founded 130 years ago, if from the ancestor of roast duck restaurant Yang operating ducks, that is going to push for 30 years.
Palace cuisine is one of the pillars of the Beijing cuisine, reflect the historical characteristics of Beijing 800 for all, a real blue blood. Today, imperial dishes into folk already, although strictly keeping his aristocratic demeanor. Because of Beijing winter cold, hot pot is from Beijings pet on the table. Flavor snack is a feature in Beijing, as a result of destinations ethnic characteristics snacks, breed is very rich.
The street there are many snack bar, night market and the free market also have snacks stalls, in the Spring Festival, temple fair, flowers at the meeting - always the most attractive places. At present, can eat snacks in Beijing have a cake, soy milk, rice cakes, Fried cake, soybean curd, tea soup, roast sweet potato, wonton, baked wheat cake, etc.
Ladies and Gentlemen:
I am pleased to serve as your guide today。
This is the palace museum; also know as the Purple Forbidden City。 It is the largest and most well reserved imperial residence in China today。 Under Ming Emperor Yongle， construction began in 1406。 It took 14years to build the Forbidden City。 The first ruler who actually lived here was Ming Emperor Zhudi。 For five centuries thereafter， it continued to be the residence of23 successive emperors until 1911 when Qing Emperor Puyi was forced to abdicate the throne。 In 1987， the United Nations Educational， Scientific and Cultural Organization recognized the Forbidden City was a world cultural legacy。
It is believed that the Palace Museum， or Zi Jin Cheng ， got its name from astronomy folklore， The ancient astronomers pided the constellations into groups and centered them around the Ziwei Yuan 。 The constellation containing the North Star was called the Constellation of Heavenly God and star itself was called the purple palace。 Because the emperor was supposedly the son of the heavenly gods， his central and dominant position would be further highlighted the use of the word purple in the name of his residence。 In folklore， the term “an eastern purple cloud is drifting” became a metaphor for auspicious events after a purple cloud was seen drifting eastward immediately before the arrival of an ancient philosopher， LaoZi， to the Hanghu Pass。 Here， purple is associated with auspicious developments。 The word jin is self-explanatory as the imperial palace was heavily guarded and off-explanatory as the imperial palace was heavily guarded and off-limits to ordinary people。
The red and yellow used on the palace walls and roofs are also symbolic。 Red represents happiness， good fortune and wealth。 Yellow is the color of the earth on the Loess Plateau， the original home of the Chinese people。 Yellow became an imperial color during the Tang dynasty， when only members of the royal family were allowed to wear it and use it in their architecture。
The Forbidden City is rectangular in shape。 It is 960 meters long from north to south and 750 meter wide from east west。 It has 9，900 rooms under a total roof area 150，000 square meters。 A 52-meter-wide-moat encircles a 9。 9-meter—high wall which encloses the complex。 Octagon —shaped turrets rest on the four corners of the wall。 There are four entrances into the city: the Meridian Gate to the south， the Shenwu Gate to the north， and the Xihua Gate to the north， and the Xihua Gate to the west， the Donghua to the east。
Manpower and materials throughout the country were used to build the Forbidden City。 A total of 230，000 artisans and one million laborers were employed。 Marble was quarried from fangshan Country Mount Pan in Jixian County in Hebei Province。 Granite was quarried in Quyang County in Hebei Province。 Paving blocks were fired in kilns in Suzhou in southern China。 Bricks and scarlet pigmentation used on the palatial walls came from linqing in Shandong Province。 Timber was cut， processed and hauled from the northwestern and southern regions。